Roads in England (1970-71)
|Type||Publications (see all artefacts)|
Shockingly, this is yet another one in the Roads in England series of reports, detailing the state of road construction from the year in the title.
It's basically full of big tables organised firstly by Trunk or Principal roads, then by region, and finally by top-tier local authority. They include scheme names, lengths, costs, and planned route numbers, but don't include improvements for less than £250k.
Contents of Note
- M60 Carrington Spur in preparation pool
- M62 Stretford-Eccles Bypass widening to three lanes between Grange Road bridge and Bridgwater Canal bridge was opened in this year for £0.4 million
- Leeds North-East Motorway (Great Wilson Street to Inner Ring Road) in preparation pool for a cost of £4.7million
- A1 Grade Separation at Black Cat (A.428) in preparation pool. Forty years later and it's still in a little-known website's list of Bad Junctions.
- Ringway 3 to Foulness in preparation pool - no number given but this is the M12 to Maplin scheme.