Plan of horizontal alignment, Alternative Route 'A', Hackney - M11 Link Road, Temple Mills
|Location||Essex Record Office (see all files stored here)|
Along with the other files listed below, this item is a photocopy of a single plan sheet showing the layout of a section of one route proposal for the M11 Link Road, a trunk road scheme pursued in the late 1970s and early 1980s as a replacement for the cancelled M11 between Hackney and Woodford. The road was eventually built in further modified form as the A12 and opened in the 1990s.
This variant has a short tunnel under the Temple Mills sidings, sharper curves than other versions and an interchange at Ruckholt Road. The road is shown as dual two-lane. Evidently an all-purpose link road. The plan cuts off halfway through the interchange, but looks certain from western approach of Ruckholt Road that link road will take over that route to get to Eastway - will not run parallel.
D/Z 346/3200/156 redirects here as the contents of the file appear to be identical.
Links to other files
- D/Z 346/3200/144 Plan of horizontal alignment, Alternative Route 'B': Scheme 3, Hackney - M11 Link Road, Temple Mills (1977)
- D/Z 346/3200/150 Plan of Horizontal Alignment, Alternative Route 'B': Scheme 4, Hackney - M11 Link Road, Temple Mills (1977)
- D/Z 346/3200/151 Key Plan, M11 Extension: Ruckholt Road Interchange, Temple Mills (1977)
- D/Z 346/3200/154 Plan of Hackney - M11 Link Road: Interchange at Ruckholt Road: Scheme 'A', Temple Mills (1977)
- D/Z 346/3200/155 Plan of horizontal alignment, Hackney - M11 Link Road: Alternative Route 'C', Temple Mills (1977)
- D/Z 346/3200/157 Plan of original horizontal alignment, Hackney - M11 Link Road, Temple Mills Marshalling Yard (1977)
People with camera copies
Chris Marshall has a complete copy.