Dover Radial Route
|Location||London Metropolitan Archives (see all files stored here)|
|File base||Fond GLC, subfond DG/PTI/P|
The full detail describing this collection of interminable tedium is at GLC/DG/PTI/P/05/030. Suffice to say that there appear to be only two truly interesting things in this file.
- The fact that the A2 was trunk up to Falconwood, and the Ministry was improving everything inwards to that point. This may explain:
- Why the GLC's proposal was referred to as A2(M) - their line was likely to be motorway but would terminate just beyond Eltham, far from the rest of the M2.
- Why the completed scheme, as built in the early 1980s, changes from dual two to dual three lanes at Falconwood.
- The text for a GLC publication called New Major Roads in South East London, including a tiny map.
Don't forget - there's one thing of use in each file! Collect them all, kids...
- GLC/DG/PTI/P/05/030 Dover Radial Route (1963-1965)
- GLC/DG/PTI/P/05/032 Dover Radial Route (1966-1968)
People with camera copies
Chris Marshall has photos of that leaflet text.