Ringway 2 (formerly C Ring Road)
|Location||London Metropolitan Archives (see all files stored here)|
|File base||Fond GLC, subfond DG/PTI/P|
This file is in a series of 17 files, explained in detail at GLC/DG/PTI/P/05/048.
Within the wider series, this file contains correspondence from 1 May 1968 to 27 September 1968.
Contents of note
- Evidence of at least 8 property purchases.
- Legal orders for the M23, Mitcham to Crawley, as published in May 1968 - including the SI itself and a host of supporting paperwork, with line diagrams for the full route. The start point of the motorway is, surprisingly, about two thirds of the way up the railway line from Mitcham Common towards the proposed terminus at Streatham Vale. Presumably separate orders would have been published for the terminal interchange itself.
- A May 1968 newspaper article - sadly with no evidence of which newspaper it came from or on which day - reporting that the Mitcham "C" Ring Road Association, a lobbying group set up the previous year to campaign against the motorway, had voted to cease campaigning because there was no hope of stopping the road project.
Links to other files
- Previous: GLC/DG/PTI/P/05/049 Ringway 2 (formerly C Ring Road) (1967-1968)
- Next: GLC/DG/PTI/P/05/051 Ringway 2 (formerly C Ring Road) (1968)
People with camera copies