Development Control Plans
|Location||London Metropolitan Archives (see all files stored here)|
|File base||Fond GLC, subfond TD/DP/DC|
This is a huge folder containing 16 plan sheets, numbered 001 to 016 and listed separately in the LMA catalogue - though if you order any one individual file you'll just get all 16. Within the folder they are in no particular order.
Most plans here are of little interest and include:
- Proposed routes for power lines in Middlesex.
- GLC Metropolitan Structure Maps, GLDP era.
- Plan for shopping centre with multi-storey car park in Burnt Oak, never built as far as I can tell.
- London Airport safeguarding plan, dated 1950, with two additional runways to north of main site running through Sipson and Harmondsworth.
- High Buildings policy in various parts of suburban London.
- River Purification Districts for the whole catchment area of the Thames (which I am interested to see includes Shipton Oliffe, Liphook and Banbury).
- Main rivers in Middlesex.
- A giant aerial photograph of gravel workings around Stockley Lane.
Of more specific road related interest are:
- A greyscale OS map of Middlesex and surrounds with roads marked "existing", "approved proposal" and "unofficial proposal", showing the West Cross Route, R2 (except A316-A4), GLC D-Ring line with MOT line in pencil, North Orbital (marked unofficial), etc, plus radials, all as standard.
- A plan of D Ring Road lines in NW London showing all the usual and numerous possibilities seen elsewhere. However, it also shows a snatch of "C Ring GLC Informal Line", which branches off the North Circular at Neasden, heads south along a railway through Willesdenand vanishes from the map in a way that suggests it was to be continued down to Chiswick Roundabout.
People with camera copies