Croydon C B: redevelopment plans
|Location||National Archives (see all files stored here)|
|File base||Series MT, subseries MT 106|
A continuation of MT 106/6, where the context of this set of documents is discussed in more detail. This file contains a greater number of maps and plans that accompany the Development Plan of 1953.
Contents of note
- Diagram indicating planned widening of Barclay Road, which eventually happened as a dual carriageway in the early 1990s.
- Various early draft proposals for Wellesley Road - now the east side of the Ring Road - which started life as a surface dual carriageway with wide verges and subsequently grew roundabouts.
- Plan showing the Croydon Underpass on Wellesley Road (which now carries a dual carriageway) proposed as single-carriageway. (This diagram forms the basis of the background image on the wiki.)
- MT 106/6 Croydon C B: Development Plan (1953-1959)
- MT 118/220 Croydon East-West Flyover: bridge over High Street to Duppers Hill; Barclay Road roundabout extension (1964-1971)
People with camera copies
Chris Marshall has a partial copy, including all plan diagrams.