Beckton flyover (Trunk Road 33) (A13) (London Borough of West Ham): plans
|Location||National Archives (see all files stored here)|
|File base||Series MT, subseries MT 118|
This file is no more interesting that MT 118/143 - in fact it's a lot less interesting - but is, mercifully, a great deal smaller.
Inside this slender blue file you will find precisely three things, and the only entertainment available here is deciding which of them is the least worth looking at. They are:
- A report, bindings removed so you risk tipping all the loose pages all over the floor, titled County Borough of West Ham: SOIL SURVEY: (1) London-Tilbury Trunk Road (A.13) Beckton Road Widening and Diversion (including Flyover); (2) Victoria Dock Road Sewer: Boring, Sampling, Soil Testing and Reporting, in which "boring" appears to be the operative word;
- A photograph of a man in a suit walking on an unfinished bridge; and
- A photograph of two concrete slabs with a metal joining plate and two bolts sticking out of them. This picture is so meaningless that I couldn't even tell which way up it's supposed to go.
Links to other files
- MT 118/143 Beckton flyover (Trunk Road 33) (A13) (London Borough of West Ham) (1962-1970)
- MT 118/145 Beckton flyover (Trunk Road 33) (A13) (London Borough of West Ham): plans (1964-1970)
People with camera copies