Traffic sign design: drawings
|Location||National Archives (see all files stored here)|
|File base||Series MT, subseries MT 95|
A continuation of the material in MT 95/605; this file contains the diagrams and plan sheets that accompany the correspondence in that file. A full description of this subject is on the ArchiveWiki listing for MT 95/605.
Contents of note
- Sign plans for all modified-Anderson signs for all-purpose roads. Frustratingly these are presented in white-on-blue due to their reproduction method which dulls the effect somewhat.
- Diagrams of the A1 Tempsford dualling scheme, which presumably was to have these signs installed.
- MT 95/201 Advance direction signs: experimental signs on A.40; Oxfordshire CC (1957-1966)
- MT 95/605 Traffic sign design: signs for all-purpose trunk roads built to motorway standards (1959-1964)
- MT 95/689 Traffic Signs Review Committee (Worboy Committee): experimental signing; Great North Road (1962-1963)
People with camera copies
Chris Marshall has copies of all diagrams and plans in this file.