Roads in England (1972-73)
|Type||Publications (see all artefacts)|
This is another one in the Roads in England series of reports, detailing the state of road construction from the year in the title.
It's basically full of big tables organised firstly by Trunk or Principal roads, then by region, and finally by top-tier local authority. They include scheme names, lengths, costs, and planned route numbers.
Contents of Note
- A38(M) opened this year and cost Birmingham City Council £8.6 million. Good, eh?
- A6(M) Hazel Grove Improvement was being prepared to go into the forward programme
- A41(M) A.405 to Berrygrove Junction (M1) in same state
- Ringway 3 Uxbridge Road (A.4020) to M1 including link to North Orbital Road in preparation pool.
- M1 Stirling Corner Link was still programmed in at this time with a cost of £1.9 million
- Few photos in the middle of schemes opened during the year
- Fold out map at the back showing a national overview of the "Primary Trunk Network", which is a horribly confusing phrase - it's unrelated to Primary Routes, but is related to Trunk Roads.