Ringways & maps
Have you come up with a way of using maps for Ringways References? Do you want scans uploading here, or whatever information can be given? Steven 20:44, 20 February 2010 (UTC)
- No, I haven't come up with anything, and if I said I'd been actively thinking about it I'd be lying :) I have no objection to uploading map scans if you want to go that way - I think really I was just imagining the creation of a page for each map we need to reference that would list the useful information it contains, and the publisher, year and so on, rather like we list files at archives.
- There's no reason at all not to put extracts online if it helps us reference our sources though! We could always try one or two and see how it looks. --chris5156 21:33, 21 February 2010 (UTC)
Requests for the Manchester Awayday
Oooh flippin' heck, there's activity on this site :-O
Anyway, I intend to pop up to TNA some time before the next awayday in a few weeks and pull out anything that's relevant (such as the newspaper clippings of the M50's construction and opening I took to Ross on Wye, not that anyone except me bothered to look at them).
Any ideas? I was thinking of something to do with the original M62 and the East Lancs Road but my TNA search-fu is not up to par this morning. --Ritchie333 11:26, 21 January 2011 (UTC)
- Activity? Yes, it gets busy once a year or so! I've been doing some tidying up to Artefacts and integrating it with our personal pages. Makes a lot more sense now.
- I'm hoping to get to TNA on Thursday - would have been Monday but they're closed Mondays now, which is less than helpful. If we're shopping for things to bring, I'll bring along (perhaps see if I can print?) my camera copy of MT 119/116. It shows construction plans for the original bit of M62, but not entirely as-built. There's a layout for a "future" junction where the Carrington Spur now is, which is shown as a full trumpet interchange, and a strangely-configured roundabout interchange with the A580. I can certainly bring that.
- I'm not sure I'll have time to do any special M62 research, but if you do, Chris's shopping list includes "MT 95/248 and MT 95/249 - Barton Bridge special road and plans 1956-63". If you want to dig out some M62 stuff I'd start there.
- I think most East Lancs Road stuff will be in Preston, because it was pre-trunk roads and would have been a local authority scheme. Should be some MoT papers discussing funding and that sort of thing but it'll be more hit and miss.--chris5156 17:13, 21 January 2011 (UTC)
- Ah, you lot in the south east, and your namby-pamby "it takes me 10 minutes to get to TNA" ways... Bring something cool that I'll like to sunny Lancashire is all I ask... If you're nice to me, I might bring my BUM stuff along! ;-) Steven 02:19, 22 January 2011 (UTC)
Just to let you know, I've looked at a few files on your shopping list - check the "recent changes" to see what. --Ritchie333 20:06, 2 July 2011 (UTC)