Chris's LMA hit list
Here's some stuff I would like from LMA, found while rummaging in a carefree manner through their online catalogue. The LMA's online catalogue is a masterclass in web design without reference to usability. Good luck in there, and take supplies.
Updated 5 March 2011.
There are other files that come up under this search - countless with the generic title "Ringway 2" or "Ringway 3". They could take days just to retrieve from the stack to see what's in them. I have tried to concentrate on files that have titles useful enough to indicate there's something of interest in them.
- RINGWAY 1 (BLACKWALL TUNNEL SOTHERN APPROACH) TRAFFIC SIGNS SURVEY (NOT CORRECT)
- Why not correct? What was the survey - deciding a sign strategy or reviewing existing stock? Undated.
- Ringway 2: Richmond upon Thames, first interim report
- Ringway 2: Richmond upon Thames, second interim report
Manual searches of the catalogue
- Plans of Westminster Bridge underpass
- P27.11 GLC Store
- Hayes By-pass detailed plans (U2213)
Series to investigate which are not yet in the catalogue
- This isn't catalogued so they have to send for it specially. I have filled in a form. It feels like I'm trying to take the Magna Carta home or something. Apparently the best thing to do is order each box in the series - there are 36 - to see what's in them, because there is no cataloguing at box or file level for this series. Yikes. It has potential to include plans of the M11 between Hackney and Woodford, but then the series dates would equally allow those plans to be for the A12 upgrade. That's a lot of box ordering and opening to find out!